Tea4Kidz Vanilla Custard infused Cupcakes
Date: March 13, 2018
- 500 ml cake flour
- 250 ml castor sugar
- 5 ml baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 extra large eggs
- 125 ml Double Cream Plain Yoghurt
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 3 Tea4Kidz Vanilla Custard teabags
- 250 ml butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line a muffin tin with cupcake holders.
- 2. Melt butter and steep 3 tea bags inside the hot butter, allow to cool, remove tea bags.
- 3. Sift the flour, castor sugar, baking powder and salt together twice. Add the lemon zest and mix through.
- 4. Beat the eggs, yoghurt and vanilla essence together. Add the butter in a thin stream while beating. Mix into the dry ingredients.
- 5. Divide the mixture between the cupcake holders and bake for 20 minutes. Leave to cool.
Vanilla buttercream ingredients:
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 - 5 cups icing sugar
- 60ml cream
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 1. With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy - about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add 4 ½ cups icing sugar, the heavy cream, and vanilla extract with the mixer running on low. Increase to high speed and beat for 3 full minutes.
- 3. Add up to 1/2 cup more icing sugar if frosting is too thin or another Tablespoon of cream if frosting is too thick. Add a pinch of salt if frosting is too sweet.
Decorate with FUN-fetti sprinkles and enjoy!