“Mom…I’m bored!” – 30 indoor activities to bust boredom
Date: September 10, 2017
It’s never too early to teach your children how to do a few things around the house! Not only does it get them independent, it also takes time off your hands – especially for small tasks they can do themselves.
Here are a few tips on what you can do:
- 1. Let’s Play dress up. Make a cape from an old pillowcase cut open down the seam, with a mask made from felt with 2 eye holes cut out.
- 2. Get colouring with crayons/pencils and colouring books.
- 3. Snakes &Ladders anyone? Pull out the board games and take on the parents!
- 4. Play with bubbles.
- 5. You hide, I will seek – this has to be every child’s favourite!
- 6. Try learning a few magic tricks. YouTube has loads of Magic tutorials for kids to watch. (insert a link)
- 7. Chill out with a book…or two.
- 8. Make a tent in the lounge, get the popcorn ready– lets watch a movie!
- 9. Line up the teddy bears and have a tea party (don’t forget your favourite Tea4Kids flavour)
- 10. Who will be Baker Baker today? Head to the kitchen – let’s get baking! Check out a few of our kid’s recipes, our Tea4Kidz Peach & Apricot Jelly is a hit!
- 11. Put on the aprons and get the kids involved in making dinner.
- 12. Weather a bit iffy? Have an indoor picnic.
- 13. Hide a few toys and have them find them – like a scavenger hunt.
- 14. Enjoy a pamper session with a homemade facemask made from plain yoghurt and honey.
- 15. Bring out the brushes and play hairdresser. Let the kids funk up mom’s hair for the afternoon!
- 16. Play charades and have your kids act out their favourite book character or TV show.
- 17. Experiment with science.
- 18. Do the kids love to sing?Find their favourite songs on YouTube and have a karaoke battle!
- 19. How about musical statues – dance till the music stops then stand dead still – if you move, you are out!
- 20. Let’s get old school - make a home-made walkie talkie with string and two cups.
- 21. Get creative with paint and let the kids paint fun patterns on rocks.
- 22. Make homemade slime.
- 23. Make macaroni jewelry by painting macaroni and stringing them together.
- 24. Have any old boxes lying around? Get creative and build castles or get the kids to make a robot using all the junk they can find.
- 25. Got a few empty bottles? Full them up half way with water, put the lid on, line them up in the passage and play indoor tenpin.
- 26. Play a pirate game. Hide some “treasure”, make a map with some clues and send them off on an adventure.
- 27. Turn your home into an obstacle course. Build obstacles using pillows and chairs and set up activity stations with jump rope or activities like star jumps.
- 28. Get out the craft box and get creative.
- 29. Make a sock puppet.
- 30. Make shaving cream paint. Separate some shaving cream into bowls and add a drop of different coloured food colouring in each one. This is perfect for bath time because it can just be rinsed away.