Fun with Foam and Slime!
Loved our last 2 experiments? Here are another 2 that will keep your kids curious about all things science.
1. Foamy Fountain:
You will need: A clean 2lt Soda bottle, 1/2 cup of 20 volume hydrogen peroxide (this can be purchased from any pharmacy), 1 tablespoon/ packet dry yeast, 3 tablespoons of warm water, dishwashing liquid, food colouring, small cup.
NOTE: The foam will overflow from the bottle, so be sure to do this experiment on a washable surface.
- 1. Add 8 drops of your food colouring to your bottle.
- 2. Add 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid to your bottle and swirl the colouring and soap around to mix it together.
- 3. Add the yeast and the warm water into your cup – mix for 30 seconds.
- 4. Pour the yeast water into your bottle and watch what happens!.
2. Make your own slime
You will need: 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cub wood glue, 1/4 cup liquid starch (used for starching clothes), food colouring of your choice, Mixing bowl and spoon.
- 1. Pour your glue and water into the mixing bowl and mix them together.
- 2. Add your food colouring (6-8 drops is all you need).
- 3. Add in the liquid starch and mix together and hey presto – you have slime!.
- 4. As you play with your slimy concoction, it will become more stretchy and easier to hold.
- 5. Store in a zip lock bag when not playing with it.